PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO):
- Basic knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex chemical engineering problems
- Discipline knowledge: An ability to apply discipline-specific knowledge to solve core or applied chemical engineering problems
- Experiments and practice: Use basic knowledge including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and chemical engineering tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue under graduate educations in chemical Engineering discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general
PEO-II: Core Competence:
To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of chemical Engineering
To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems
To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a successful professional
PEO-V: Learning Environment:
To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and lifelong learning in emerging technologies
Programme Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- An ability to apply standard practices and strategies in chemical industries focusing quality output
- To explore the knowledge of chemical engineering in core & multi-disciplinary areas by achieving team work in challenging environment through the addition of operational, supervisory and managerial skills