Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
PEO-I Preparation: To prepare students to succeed in employment/profession and/or to pursue post graduate and research educations in Mechanical engineering discipline in particular and allied Engineering discipline in general.
PEO-II Core Competence: To provide students with a solid foundation in mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals required to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems requiring knowledge of Mechanical Engineering.
PEO-III Breadth: To prepare students with engineering breadth to innovate, design, and develop software products and to contribute in providing solutions related to multidisciplinary real life problems.
PEO-IV Professionalism: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and team work to become a successful professional.
PEO-V Learning Environment: To provide students with an academic environment that makes them aware of excellence and lifelong learning in emerging technologies.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering to solve the engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply discipline – specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems.
- Experiments and Practice: An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse /multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSO)
The Mechanical Engineers will be able to
- Comprehend and apply the concepts of CAD/CAM in engineering industry.
- Work in thermal engineering industry and manufacturing industry in the sphere of operation and maintenance.